Mike LaCroix Memorial Scholarship
All Star Lanes – Baton Rouge
The Mike LaCroix Memorial Scholarship
In loving memory of Mike LaCroix (April 6th, 1957 – September 3rd, 2021)
Mike LaCroix - General Manager of All Star Lanes (BR) from 2006-2021 - was instrumental in building the youth program at All Star Lanes, in Baton Rouge and around the state. He was a huge supporter of high school bowling, youth tournaments and providing a safe environment for youth to strive. He believed that the only way the sport of bowling will survive is investing in the youth today. Mike was a youth bowler himself and joined the US Navy directly out of high school where he served for 25 years.
We are looking for youth bowlers who will honor Mike's memory and benefit from the path he has paved either through a traditional university path, trade school or through the military.
- Nominee must currently be in 9th-12th grade at the time of application deadline.
- Nominee must be a current or past youth bowler of All Star Lanes-Baton Rouge:
- Must have bowled:
- 1) At least 72 league games at All Star Lanes (anytime from 2006-2022). Games must be USBC verified.
- 2) At least 45 league games at All Star Lanes in the last 2 years.
- 3) Currently bowling in a league at All Star Lanes plus bowl for a high school team.
- Up to four $500 scholarships will be awarded. Funds will be submitted to winner's USBC SMART Account. However, if scholarship recipient plans to enroll in any branch of the US military - then a
- $500 US Savings Bond will be awarded upon enlisting.
- A special $250 scholarship will be awarded to the applicant with the best Youth League/Tournament idea. This scholarship is considered a separate award and will be awarded based on its own merit.
(See essay details)
- Scholarships funds are available for six years from the date of your high school graduation.
- Scholarships will be decided by a 3rd party committee and not by All Star Lanes (BR) employees.
- Nominees must submit a completed application by no later than Tuesday May 8th, 2023.
- Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the League Appreciation Tournament on May 14th, 2023. Recipients will be notified in advance.
Selection of winners will be based on academic standing, bowling involvement, written essay, creative league/tournament proposal and leadership qualities.
Applicants will be rated as follows:
- Academics 1-20 points
- Bowling Involvement 1-20 points
- Community/Civic Involvement 1-5 points
- Essays 1-30 points
- Create Your Own Youth League/Tournament 1-20 points
Instructions to Applicant
- Fill out application completely. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- Have school verify accumulative GPA and turn in copy of last report card.
- Deadline for application is Tuesday May 8th, 2023.
- E-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation will be e-mailed to you verifying receipt of application. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, please confirm application was received.
- Any questions may be directed to Kim Bogan at All Star Lanes – Baton Rouge at (225) 924-0124.
- Scholarship will be awarded May 14th, 2023 during the League Appreciation Tournament.